We want everyone to feel at home posting comments. We expect you to treat others the way you want to be treated. Be respectful. That’s why we reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as needed to keep the comment threads here civil and substantive.
When commenting, be a model web citizen:
- Weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the story.
- Give us useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Let us know, and we will correct it.
- Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, and humor.
- Don’t feed the trolls. Downvote comments instead.
Although we can’t be everywhere at once, here are some of the kinds of comments we’re going to do our best to curtail:
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog.
- Impersonating authors or other commenters.
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the article.
- Comments that are completely out of left field. Sometimes discussions veer off a bit, but are still related to the original subject. That is fine. Hijacking the conversation to promote off-topic commentary is not.
- Threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters. Things can get heated.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, you get the drift. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Greebles and Cats: The Origin and the Meaning
You may have seen an internet sensation concerning cats labeled “greebles.” Feel out of the loop? We’re here to help you. In 2019, Reddit user /user/literallyatree commented on a Reddit post about a cat that looks like it’s trying to slap a ghost. This user commented: “My family calls things…
The Odd-Eyed Cat (AKA Heterochromia)
Cats are already beautiful and fascinating creatures, but people are bound to take notice when they have something as captivating as two different colored eyes. Odd-eyed cats always have one blue eye paired with either a green, yellow, or brown eye. This form of heterochromia occurs in other animals, including…
Why Do Cats Roll Over Into Their Backs But Not Let You Touch Their Bellies?
It’s common knowledge dogs love to have their tummies rubbed when they freely lay down before you and roll onto their backs. But, if you’re also familiar with cats, you know that when they roll onto their backs with their bellies exposed, rubbing the belly will most likely result in…
Polydactyl Cats: Just More Beans to Love
Polydactyl cats have become extremely popular in recent times. As a result, more and more people are interested in learning more about this six-toed cat and want to get one of their own. If you are a cat lover intrigued by polydactyl cats, you have come to the right place….