We want everyone to feel at home posting comments. We expect you to treat others the way you want to be treated. Be respectful. That’s why we reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as needed to keep the comment threads here civil and substantive.
When commenting, be a model web citizen:
- Weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the story.
- Give us useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Let us know, and we will correct it.
- Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, and humor.
- Don’t feed the trolls. Downvote comments instead.
Although we can’t be everywhere at once, here are some of the kinds of comments we’re going to do our best to curtail:
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog.
- Impersonating authors or other commenters.
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the article.
- Comments that are completely out of left field. Sometimes discussions veer off a bit, but are still related to the original subject. That is fine. Hijacking the conversation to promote off-topic commentary is not.
- Threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters. Things can get heated.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, you get the drift. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Why Do Cats Hate Water?
Cats have a complicated relationship with water. Some cats enjoy swimming, while others avoid it like the plague because they are afraid of getting wet or drowning if Lake Michigan is ever flooded! However, you feel about your feline friend’s aquatic tendencies. Whether fascinated by bath time activities like dipping…
What Are Signs My Cat May Have Cancer
Cancer is a scary diagnosis for a beloved cat. If caught in its early stages you can expect to have good treatment options, and your cat can go on to live a happy life for many years. Knowing the signs of cancer in cats is vital. Science has made a…
How To Prepare For Kittens With Your Pregnant Cat
Are you ready for the adorable queen you care for to give birth to her kittens? Is this the first time you’ve seen your cat give birth? Although it is ideal for letting a mother cat do her job when it comes to giving birth to her kittens, you should…
Why Cats Always Land On Their Feet
Have you ever wondered why cats are so nimble and can always land on their feet? Repeatedly, we have seen cats fall from great heights but always manage to save themselves just in time. Cats are incredibly agile creatures, but even still, it is always surprising to see them land…